IBM i “Git Together”:
DevOps & Modernization – how did these customers succeed?
IBM and ARCAD Software invite you to an IBM i 7.4 DevOps and Modernization tech briefing. Hear first-hand from HSBC and other customers how they succeeded in their IBM i DevOps transformation at scale.
Gain valuable education from expert IBM i practitioners, to guide your decision making and maximize returns from your DevOps and Modernization initiatives. See for yourself how parallel development on IBM i using Git and CI/CD at scale over Jenkins has helped IBM i customers reduce their software delivery timescales by 75%.
What will you gain from this briefing?
– Gain insights into the most advanced modernization techniques to ready your teams for Watson AI, Robotic Process Automation, microservices and more.
– Learn tips & techniques directly from IBM i customers presenting their own “DevOps journey” on IBM i.
– LIVE DEMOS: Bring your skills up to date with the latest open source DevOps toolchains to attract top development talent whilst preparing yourself and your team for the future of IBM i:
- Multi-platform software delivery pipelines with Git, Jenkins and Jira on IBM i
- Advanced on-the-fly UI/UX Modernization
- Transforming RPGLE to Free Form RPG, DDS to SQL, API generation
- The new world of Cloud-based deployments
Who should attend?
IT managers, Application Development Managers, Project Leaders, Developers, Operations, Architects, etc.
13th December 2019
IBM Southbank (Client Centre)
76/78 Upper Ground, Lambeth,
London SE1 9PZ
Agenda:> 8:30 am – 9:00 am: Welcome Breakfast
Complete CI/CD workflow on IBM i from feature branch to deployment on Skytap Cloud
“Continuous Quality” on IBM i
Automating code quality checks, regression test, “lift & shift” test environments to the Cloud
Application transformation step-by-step
End-to-end modernization, transforming to SQL & Free Form RPG, API generation